Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Outfit and New Arrivals

Look ma, no black!
Today's outfit represents an exploration in fashion for me in more than one way. For one thing, I'm not wearing black at all. I'm sure there are outfits I've posted in which I'm not wearing any black, but it still feels like a big deal for me not to wear black. When I'm at a loss, I tend to reach for black.

I also realized recently that I almost never get dressed without having planned things out ahead of time. This morning, however, I just threw together a few things that a) were clean (I haven't done laundry in ages), b) were the right size (some clothes fit better than others these days), and c) hadn't been worn in a while. I tried not to overthink it, and I quite like what I wound up with by exploring a different color focus and a different process that allows more freedom.

The Outfit Aquatic
Outfit details:
Green sweater, aqua tee, gray skirt, teal tights: Target
Snail necklace: etsy seller PreciousPups
Gray SAS shoes: thrifted

After today's class, I also discovered that I'd received three packages in the mail today. The awesome Darla at The Vintage Zoo sent me this wonderful jacket:


I love the colors and the flower print. It's comfy, too. I can't wait to wear it!

I also received a whale pin from Elegant Musings and a painted jeep necklace from Star Willow Studio. Hooray for new accessories!


4 comments:

WendyB said...

Green is nice on you. It's hard for me to go without any black too, so well done!

theVintageZoo said...

hey... i just found your blog and saw this!!!!!!!! have you worn it yet? it is such a cute jacket!!! i just added you AGAIN as a flickr contact - i thought i had done that... i was wondering why i hadn't been seeing your remix pictures??? (i don't hardly go to the group to look any more - too large!!) urg! i went through and cleaned up a bunch of my contacts, but can't believe i would have deleted you. oh, well. i just started a blog as well!! woo-hoo!! like i need one more thing to do! can i link you?? do you mind? that would be awesome.

Christy said...

I know, I hardly ever go to the remix group any more either. I try to keep up with a few that I know I like and occasionally glance at the recent posts to the group.

I have worn the jacket (and featured it in a remix post, actually) and it's so great. Thanks!

I've been taking a bit of a break from the blog, trying to figure out if I can keep up with it and do all the other things I need to do. But sure, link me. I'll try to get back to the blogging soon. I'll link your blog to mine, too. :-)

theVintageZoo said...

going to look for your remix pic!!! linking you now!! :-)