Tuesday, November 6, 2007

More Dress-Up Fun.

I'm back after a brief break, and I'm sporting a look from the Dress Another Wardrobe_Remixer Challenge. This outfit is designed by nemrešpobjećodnedjelje.

Rude schoolgirl:  Nov. 6, 2007
I was a little nervous about it at first. The color combination of the skirt and shoes, though fairly subdued, is not one I would have thought of on my own, and the skirt fits oddly. I bought it because I love the colors, the plaid, and the fabric, but it's too small for me to wear like a normal skirt. I have to wear it as an empire waist skirt because of the waist size. And because of the style of the skirt, this means I'll look poufy and thicker than usual. So it took me a little while to get used to the idea of wearing this and to visualize it properly.

This is what I thought modeling was about when I was a little girl.
Generally, I do envision an outfit before I put it on. It's rare for me to just put something on and have a sudden realization that it looks cool. One thing this wardrobe_remix project is leading me to is the belief that I should try that technique of surprising myself more often.

What really makes the outfit, as far as I'm concerned, though, are the shoes.

Fuck You Shoes--closeup
The shoes, designed by Miss Bunny, are also one major reason it took me so long to wear this outfit. I don't quite feel comfortable wearing these shoes to teach my regular classes. I want people to see my shoes, but I don't want them to distract from class, so most days have been off-limits for this outfit. I am teaching a class today, but I figured it would be okay to wear the shoes because 1) I'm teaching a senior level college course today instead of freshmen and sophomores and 2) because we'll be sitting down around a conference table for this class intead of my standing in front of the class and leading discussion or lecturing from there. That makes my feet less of a focal point.

I have one more outfit waiting in the wings from the Wardrobe_Remix challenge, which I'll post when it gets worn (it also involves these shoes), and then I'll be back to thinking for myself. Unless someone else wants to style me, that is.

4 comments:

The Happy Hippie said...

Are those Miss Bunny shoes? I love Miss Bunny shoes! :]

Christy said...

Yes! They are! Your comment reminded me that I'd meant to link to her shop in the entry. Thanks. :-)

WendyB said...

Those shoes are hilarious!

s.i. michaels said...

The shoes are priceless. I love Miss Bunny's shop.