Friday, October 12, 2007

Remix Review.

Truly, there's so much awesomeness over at Wardrobe_Remix that it almost seems silly to try to pick out the best. So I'm not going to do that. So, instead of trying to judge best or provide an overview (there are others who do these things, including Tricia, the group's founder, over at Bits and Bobbins and the girls at Painfully Hip), this week, I want to feature three remixers whose recent outfits include details I really love or ideas I might like to try myself.

First comes Snoof, who is always fabulous. The combination of influences in this ensemble is what really draws me in. The vintage Gunne Saxe-esque dress, layered under the bright yellow sweater, topped off with the head wrap!


Fall Colors: 8. October 2007, originally uploaded by Snoof.


Next we have sherbet tone. This outfit seems simple, but is really interesting, with the supershort minidress layered over the patterned turtleneck and the knee socks with the wonderful brown shoes. This somehow manages to successfully combine sensible with sexpot.


Remixd: Finally Fall., originally uploaded by sherbet tone.


Finally, Earthworm, a less frequent (but no less fabulous for it) remixer. What I really love here is the refashioned bathrobe, which becomes a striking tunic. This inspires me to want to create something similar.


With Breeches, originally uploaded by Earthworm.

No comments: