Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blogging Society Challenge: Glamour in a Giant Men's Shirt

So everyone should totally check out The Blogging Society Challenge over at The Fashion-y Blog. I submitted a look a couple of days ago and a couple of others have as well. So go! Look! (But--maybe you want to finish reading this first?)

Blogging Society Challenge, View 1
I took an XL men's shirt, put it on upside down (so the collar is in the small of my back and the hem is creating a collar around my neck), rolled the giant sleeves way up, and buttoned it asymmetrically across the front, then I belted it with the cummerbund.

Blogging Society Challenge, View 3
I love the way this looks but it's not the best outfit in terms of arm freedom. My range of movement there is a bit limited, so this outfit may be only for events that don't involve much reaching and gesturing.

Blogging Society Challenge, View 2
Outfit details:
Shirt and cummerbund: thrifted
Skirt, argyle tights, ankle boots, and necklace: Target

10 comments:

TaRosa Jacobs said...

This outfit is FABULOUS. You literally turned a wardrobe staple on it's head. Kudos. Love it.
I see that you have resolved not to buy any new clothes. Well, I'd love it if you'd check out my new blog. It is called Thriftonista and features gently used retro and vintage clothes that are out of control cute-- and all of our prices are negotiable. Check us out some time. We may have just what you are looking for...
Thriftymama T
http://thriftonista.blogspot.com

softspoken said...

yours is my favorite so far!

Melody said...

Love the look! Very classic.

Christy said...

Thanks everybody!

LalaLiu said...

I saw your picture up at the Fashion-y Blog and was so amazed! Your idea is so creative and original. Love it :D

Lady Smaggle said...

The shirt looks fantastic! Well done! I finally added you to my blogroll sorry it took so long. I love the Japanese feel of what you are wearing...

Christy said...

Thanks lalaliu and Lady Smaggle. :-)

It's weird about the Japanese feel of the outfit--I didn't plan for that. I just started playing and about halfway through (maybe even later in the process) I noticed that it looked vaguely Japanese and decided to play that up as much as I could.

Vintage Bunny said...

thats a neat look!

WendyB said...

You worked wonders with that shirt.

Christy said...

Thanks Vintage Bunny and WendyB!